With so many options to choose from, it's no wonder that many visitors to Barbados always compliment the variety of culinary experiences on the island. Not to be outdone, several of the members of Intimate Hotels of Barbados have restaurants that are also open to the general public offering delicious menu options.
The Flying Fish Bar & Restaurant, Yellow Bird Hotel, St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church
Top Award #4 in Best Value for Money Restaurant Zagat Survey 2008
Ideally situated facing the beautiful and scenic St. Lawrence Bay at the start of Barbados' trendy Hot Spot of Restaurants and Clubs, known locally as "The Gap". We open daily from 7:15 a.m. until midnight serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or just "fly in" for Snacks and Cocktails at the bar! Home of Barbados National Dish Flying Fish & Cou Cou. We're also known for British and Bajan Food which are served all day at very reasonable prices and with extremely friendly and professional service. A BIG smile and warm welcome awaits you!
La Salsa Restaurant, Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa, Maynards, St. Peter
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Lunch: 12:00 midday – 2:30 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Bar: 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Come enjoy Caribbean Island and International cuisine, exceptional wine and good company at our La Salsa Restaurant and Bar. La Salsa Restaurant & Bar is nestled within the Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa presenting a home-away from home ambiance. Entertainment and themed buffets on selected nights of the week.
The Garden Bar & Restaurant, Angler Apartments, Derricks, St. James
The Garden Bar and Restaurant is located at Angler Apartments in St James. The restaurant specializes in vegetarian, Indian and Caribbean cuisine. At our open air bar and restaurant the atmosphere is informal and relaxed. It is easy to chat with the owners and meet your fellow guests. Our restaurant offers excellent home cooking cuisine. Our menu offers authentic Caribbean dishes, curries, vegetarian and continental utilizing fresh herbs and Caribbean vegetables. Also available is Indian cuisine on Wednesday nights, BBQ on Saturday nights, daily lunch specials and take away.
Angler Apartments also host Weddings and Receptions in our Gardens and cater for Weddings, Birthdays and Special Occasions.
Red Parrot Restaurant, All Seasons Resort, Sunset Crest, St. James.
Some other popular stylish, affordable restaurants on the island include:
- Restaurant is located on the Boardwalk in Hastings, Christ Church. Tapas offers good food, excellent service and value for money. The restaurant and wine bar are set in a two storey building overlooking the waters' edge.
- Fusion Restaurant & Lounge
- Fusion Restaurant & Lounge is located in Rockley, Christ Church. This refreshing newcomer brings a real measure of Eastern flavour to the island's bustling south coast. Diners have the choice of being served in the spacious air-conditioned dining area with its chic decor or al fresco on the outdoor lounge area- perfect for lounging and enjoying cocktails from their extensive cocktail menu.
- Scarlet Restaurant
- Scarlet is located in Paynes Bay, St. James. The restaurant became Instantly popular from the time it opened its doors, as patrons enjoy the chic and innovative Restaurant and Martini Bar. Scarlet is painted entirely red, so you can't miss it as you drive down the west coast. The mood is fun, the decor is stylish, the service is great and the delicious and affordable food will make you go back for more.
- Salvio’s Restaurant & Bar
- Salvio’s Restaurant & Bar is located in St. Lawrence Gap Christ Church it currently operates bettween the hours of 7:00 am and 10:30pm where the Happy Hour is from 5:30pm -6:30 pm.
Below are our Breakfast and Lunch Menus which can be downloaded.
Breakfast Menu Lunch Menu
- Waterside Restaurant
- Like a superb meal, the recently opened Waterside has all the right ingredients to become a favourite with discerning diners – excellent location, outstanding cuisine and attentive service. Ideally situated in the vibrant St. Lawrence Gap, and blessed with a picturesque, tranquil setting right on the edge of the sea, the ambience provides an enticing environment for pleasurable dining. However, it is the celebrated, multi-award winning Chef Patron, Michael Hinds, and his dedicated team who give Waterside its greatest strength; namely the high quality and appealing variety of local delicacies on the menu, all carefully prepared with simple elegance and a infusion of delicious flavours.Waterside is the place to go to enjoy a ‘Caribbean Chic’ dining experience.
Available for Private Functions. There is also a private dining area available to accommodate up to 22 persons.
Dinner: Tuesdays – Sundays from 6pm.
Lunch/Brunch: Sundays during Winter season.
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church
Reservations: 418 9750 Fax: 418 9761