With so many options to choose from, it's no wonder that many visitors to Barbados always compliment the variety of culinary experiences on the island. Not to be outdone, several of the members of Intimate Hotels of Barbados have restaurants that are also open to the general public offering delicious menu options.
MOONBAY Bar & Grill, Yellow Bird Hotel, St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church
Try our appetizing salads, scrumptious starters, enticing flatbread pizzas and pastas and indulge in our decadent desserts!
Open daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, there's never a wrong time to visit us. Our friendly and engaging restaurant team will ensure you have your fill, from delicious and tempting cocktails prepared at the bar to sizzling entrees to wet your appetite. HAPPY HOUR daily from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
La Salsa Restaurant, Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa, Maynards, St. Peter
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Lunch: 12:00 midday – 2:30 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Bar: 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Come enjoy Caribbean Island and International cuisine, exceptional wine and good company at our La Salsa Restaurant and Bar. La Salsa Restaurant & Bar is nestled within the Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa presenting a home-away from home ambiance. Entertainment and themed buffets on selected nights of the week.
The Garden Bar & Restaurant, Angler Apartments, Derricks, St. James
The Garden Bar and Restaurant is located at Angler Apartments in St James. The restaurant specializes in vegetarian, Indian and Caribbean cuisine. At our open air bar and restaurant the atmosphere is informal and relaxed. It is easy to chat with the owners and meet your fellow guests. Our restaurant offers excellent home cooking cuisine. Our menu offers authentic Caribbean dishes, curries, vegetarian and continental utilizing fresh herbs and Caribbean vegetables. Also available is Indian cuisine on Wednesday nights, BBQ on Saturday nights, daily lunch specials and take away.
Angler Apartments also host Weddings and Receptions in our Gardens and cater for Weddings, Birthdays and Special Occasions.
Asian Spice Indian Restuarant, All Seasons Resort, Sunset Crest, St. James.
The All Seasons hotel restaurant, Asian Spice, overlooks the lush, green gardens and fresh water pool located on Barbados’s west coast. Our relaxed setting provides a great location for our Indian restaurant. Asian Spice’s menu offers a wide variety of authentic Mughlai dishes. Mughlai cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in North India, whose origin can be traced back to the times of the Mughal Empire. Known for its richness, using exotic spices, dried fruit & nuts these dishes were prepared in the kitchens of the royal Mughal Emperors.
Our chefs strive to maintain authenticity in flavour and aromas, by sourcing the spices from India. All the halal meats and vegetables are sourced locally to ensure the highest quality of fresh ingredients are used to prepare your meal.
We are open every evening, except Monday, from 6.30pm to 10.30pm. We also provide takeaways, from 6.30pm to 10.00pm.
Island Inn Hotel
The Boardwalk Restaurant at Island Inn Hotel is renowned locally for its sumptuous fare. Offering an eclectic blend of local and international cuisine.
Even though the property is an all-inclusive hotel, non-resident guests can purchase passes – Breakfast, lunch or dinner passes are available.
Open from 7:30 am – 9:00pm
South Gap Hotel
Tropical Mist Bar & Restaurant which is located on the ground floor of the hotel and offers poolside or ocean front dining. Sit by the bar and watch the game or dine on the terrace shaded by umbrellas .The restaurant is open daily with breakfast being served from 7:30am. Lunch and dinner is also served. The last order for dinner is taken at 8:00pm; the bar however remains open until 10:00pm.
Join us for HAPPY HOUR twice daily! Try our delicious Homemade Burger, our spicy Chicken Madras with mango chutney or Cou-Cou and Flying Fish which is the national dish of Barbados.
ALMOND TREE, our gourmet poolside restaurant and full-service bar, is now catering delicious meals throughout the day for breakfast, lunch and now dinner too!
Guests can now specify whether they want to include any of the below options when booking their stay:
- Continental Breakfast
- Full English Breakfast
- Party packs for room delivery
With its delicious international cuisine, often cleverly infused with their own blend of alluring Caribbean flavours, our very own HARLEQUIN RESTAURANT is another excellent choice for fine, yet casual dinnertime dining. This warm, hospitable eatery overlooking the lively St. Lawrence Gap never fails to charm guests and tantalize taste buds.
Pirate’s Inn Bar & Restaurant
Been there, done that? Sometimes finding something and some where to eat seems more like a game of trial and error. Come dine with us! We welcome everyone!! We simply have a different approach to food. Enjoy truly authentic, Bajan cuisine that is both satisfying and delicious! Come and see why the Pirate’s Inn Bar and Bistro has remained a favourite dining spot with our guests for over 30 years.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Bar)
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Bistro)
Some other popular stylish, affordable restaurants on the island include:
- Restaurant is located on the Boardwalk in Hastings, Christ Church. Tapas offers good food, excellent service and value for money. The restaurant and wine bar are set in a two storey building overlooking the waters' edge.
- Fusion Restaurant & Lounge
- Fusion Restaurant & Lounge is located in Bayshore Complex, Bay Street, St. Michael. This refreshing newcomer brings a real measure of Eastern flavour to the island's bustling south coast. Diners have the choice of being served in the spacious air-conditioned dining area with its chic decor or al fresco on the outdoor lounge area- perfect for lounging and enjoying cocktails from their extensive cocktail menu.
- Scarlet Restaurant
- Scarlet is located in Paynes Bay, St. James. The restaurant became Instantly popular from the time it opened its doors, as patrons enjoy the chic and innovative Restaurant and Martini Bar. Scarlet is painted entirely red, so you can't miss it as you drive down the west coast. The mood is fun, the decor is stylish, the service is great and the delicious and affordable food will make you go back for more.
- Naniki Restaurant
- At Naniki, we invite you to enjoy the all best that the Caribbean has to offer. From its hillside perch Naniki boasts a stunning view of rolling hills, countryside villages and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean. But this is just the beginning. Serving delicious, authentic cuisine from Barbados and our neighbouring islands Naniki provides a truly Caribbean experience.
- Waterside Restaurant
- Like a superb meal, the recently opened Waterside has all the right ingredients to become a favourite with discerning diners – excellent location, outstanding cuisine and attentive service. Ideally situated in the vibrant St. Lawrence Gap, and blessed with a picturesque, tranquil setting right on the edge of the sea, the ambience provides an enticing environment for pleasurable dining. However, it is the celebrated, multi-award winning Chef Patron, Michael Hinds, and his dedicated team who give Waterside its greatest strength; namely the high quality and appealing variety of local delicacies on the menu, all carefully prepared with simple elegance and a infusion of delicious flavours.Waterside is the place to go to enjoy a ‘Caribbean Chic’ dining experience.
Available for Private Functions. There is also a private dining area available to accommodate up to 22 persons.
Dinner: Tuesdays – Sundays from 6pm.
Lunch/Brunch: Sundays during Winter season.
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church
Reservations: 418 9750 Fax: 418 9761