The Barbados Garrison Historical Consortium Inc presents a guided tour of the Garrison Historic Area.
You travel in an air-conditioned tour bus with knowledgeable tour guides.
Bridgetown and its Historic Garrison have recently been recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site
Dating back to 1650, the site is thought to be home to the most intact and authentic 18th and 19th century British Garrison complex in the world.
See how the history of the Barbados Garrison was influenced by Cromwell, George Washington, and The American War of Independence!
See where a young George Washington, in 1751, was exposed to British military strategy as he inspected the nearby ‘Charles Fort’ (1650) and ‘St. Ann’s Fort’ (1707).
Learn how the Garrison, established in 1789, became the centre of British regional defense for more than 100 years.
Along the way, you will stop at the following historic sites:
- The Garrison Tunnels
- George Washington House
- The National Armoury - contains the finest 17th century English iron cannon collection in the world
- Charles Fort
- St. Ann's Fort
- The Changing of the Sentry
- Residents - Bds $76.00 (A); Bds $66.00 (C 5-12)
- Visitors - Bds $110.00 (A); Bds $80.00 (C 5-12) – includes transport to and from hotel
Light refreshments included.
- For reservations call 243-3404
Venue: George Washington House, The Garrison, St. Michael
Copyright © 2016 Intimate Hotels of Barbados. All Rights Reserved.